Hospice of Randolph County offers free informational presentations to the public and the medical community about hospice, home health and other related topics. Below you will find a list of our currently offered presentation topics and a brief description of each. We also offer custom presentations on topics related to our organization if requested. To schedule one of these presentations for your group, please contact us at (336) 672-9300.
TOPICS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- What is Hospice? Learn the basics of hospice care – its history, benefits, services and more.
- Dealing with Grief and Loss: In this program you’ll learn various methods in which people cope with grief/loss. This presentation is good for those who have recently lost a loved one or for those who are trying to better understand the grief that a friend or family member is experiencing. This program is also offered as “Grief from a Biblical Perspective” for churches.
- Advance Care Planning: Learn about the documents that uphold your wishes in the case of a medical emergency. In this presentation you’ll get an overview and assistance with completing a “Living Will” and “Health Care Power of Attorney” documents. We also provide free notarization of these documents to participants in the session.
- Kids Grieve Too! / How to Help Grieving Children: Learn more about the unique ways that children grieve. By the end of this presentation you’ll learn tips in how to help children in your life with their emotions related to loss.
- Providing End-of-life Care in the Nursing/Assisted Living Home: Many folks do not realize that hospice care is available to those living in an assisted living or nursing home facility. Learn how this works and how the additional care from hospice staff helps to provide comfort and alleviate the pain of a terminally ill resident.
- The Sandwich Generation – Adult Children Caring for Parents, Grandparents & Children: An ever-increasing number of adults are facing the realities of providing care and shelter to ageing parents while also focusing on being parents to their own children. Learn about resources and other tips to help adult children with balancing the care of their loved ones.
- Volunteering with Hospice: Learn about volunteer opportunities with our organization.
- Hospice Medicare Benefit Overview: The Hospice Medicare Benefit is often overlooked or unknown to Medicare recipients and their families. Learn how this benefit can help a typical beneficiary in claiming coverage for hospice services – most of the time covering 100% of expenses related to their medical care.
- Ways to Support Hospice of Randolph County: Learn how you can support Hospice of Randolph County.
- What is a “Hospice Home”? You will gain a deeper understanding of just how important this facility is to families in Randolph County when caring for a terminally ill loved one. (Hospice of Randolph County’s facility is currently under construction.
- Dispelling the Myths About Hospice Care: Death and dying are taboo subjects and often create misconceptions in the minds of people due to the fact that they are fearful of the subjects. Many misconceptions have been formed about hospice care throughout the years because of the lack of conversation regarding these subjects. In this presentation participants will learn about those misconceptions and how the rumors are untrue.
- The Hospice Experience: In-person testimonials from families and staff who have experienced hospice care first-hand.
TOPICS FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS / STUDENTS
- Effective Pain Management
- Signs and Symptoms of Approaching Death
- Spiritual Aspects of End-of-life Care
- A Clinical Overview of Hospice Services
- Caregiver Issues