Medical Social WorkerPosted on Dec 16th, 2019
Location: Hospice of Randolph
This position is responsible for planning and implementing a plan of care in accordance with the patient’s wishes to address the patient and family’s social, emotional and practical needs in order to affect satisfactory outcomes for coping with the patient’s illness.
- Provides initial psychosocial needs assessment of patient/family per discipline standard.
- Develops and provides timely implementation of a plan of care in collaborations with patient, family/significant other caregivers and the interdisciplinary team to address identified problems and to focus on and promote satisfactory patient/family outcomes with regard to emotional, social and practical needs. The plan of care is consistent with all appropriate rules, regulations and standards of care.
- Provides psychosocial counseling, therapy and crisis intervention as necessary to develop patient and family’s coping abilities, to strengthen family support system and provide emotional care.
- Visits are made according to assessed needs and current approved plan of care.
- Coordinates referral and appropriate utilization of organization and other community resources.
- Reassesses patient and family according to organization policy to evaluate success of interventions and to identify new or unresolved problems and amends plans of care as necessary to reflect changes.
- Clearly documents all interactions according to organizational policy and procedures for timeliness, content, credentialing and records management.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary team care planning and provides consultation to others regarding family systems theory, successful coping strategies and community resources.
- Following the death of assigned hospice patient, makes appropriate bereavement communication and referral per Hospice of the Piedmont standards and facilitates termination with primary caregiver/family.
- Acts as an advocate for the rights of those with life-limiting illnesses by initiating and facilitating discussion of advanced care planning.
- Complies with organization social work standards.
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times.
- Masters degree (MSW) from an accredited school of social work
- Licensed by the NC Certification and Licensure Board as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or eligible for licensure
- One year healthcare experience
- Valid NC driver’s license and reliable independent transportation
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and courteous interaction with public
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to read signs, meters, and hear patient communication
Registered Nurse, PRNPosted on Dec 6th, 2019
Location: Hospice of Randolph County
Registered Nurse needed for PRN position at Hospice of Randolph. Must be available weekdays and weekends. Individual will provide end of life care to patients residing in the home and facility settings.
Candidates should possess excellent assessment skills and strong organizational abilities as well as strong critical thinking skills. Must be able to work within an interdisciplinary team and possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have current NCBON licensing without restriction
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care setting
- Current CPR certification
- Hospice certification a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current automobile liability insurance at limits required by HRC, and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Mail, Fax or Email your Resume to:
416 Vision Drive
Asheboro, NC 27203
Fax: (336) 672-0868