Caterpillar's Quest - Deadline Extended to March 13!Posted on Mar 4th, 2019 | Perma Link
The deadline has been extended for Caterpillar's Quest children's grief camp! There is still time to register your child for this day of fun! Click here to download the camp application or click here to pay the $10 registration fee online.
For more information, please call Kim Alman, Lead Social Worker, at 336-672-9300!
Join us for Hospice Night at Snyder Farms Restaurant on March 2Posted on Feb 18th, 2019 | Perma Link
You're invited to come out and be a part of a special community fundraiser at Snyder Farms Restaurant on Saturday, March 2. Hospice Night at Snyder Farms will take place from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. and all proceeds will benefit Hospice of Randolph County as a part of the Dining Out for Hospice Dollars annual fundraiser! Hospice team members will be assisting with serving, hosting, cleaning tables and visiting with guests. This year's Hospice Night is will take place in loving memory of Wayne Snyder.
Snyder Farms Restaurant is famous for its incredible country-style buffet and large, fresh salad bar. Adults: $10.75, Children 6-12: $6.00, children under 6: $2.99
Snyder Farms is located at 2880 Beckerdite Road, in Sophia. (2 miles off of HWY 311 in Sophia)
***Please make every effort to pay by cash or check in order to maximize donations and reduce/prevent credit/debit transaction fees. Thank you!
Registration is Now Open for SOAR Teen Grief Camp!Posted on Jan 31st, 2019 | Perma Link
Hospice of Randolph County is excited to announce that our teen grief camp, SOAR - the adventure awaits, will take place on Saturday, April 6, at Camp Caraway from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. SOAR is a grief camp for teens, grades 7-12. Any teen who has experienced the loss of a loved one is invited to attend. Participants will learn about ways to cope with grief and loss while making new friends and experiencing the excitement of Camp Caraway.
SOAR has a $10 registration fee per teen, with assistance available as needed. Applications must be completed and registration fees paid by March 6. Click here to download the SOAR application. Click here to pay the registration fee online.
Registration is Now Open for Caterpillar's Quest Children's Grief Camp!Posted on Jan 29th, 2019 | Perma Link
We are excited to announce that Caterpillar's Quest children's grief camp will take place at Camp Caraway on Saturday, April 6, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Caterpillar's Quest is a one-day camp experience designed to assist children, grades K-6, in coping with the death of a loved one. Any child who has experienced the loss of a loved one is invited to attend. Campers will learn ways to cope with grief and loss while making new connections and experiencing the excitement of Camp Caraway.
There is a $10.00 registration fee for camp and scholarships are available for children with special financial circumstances. Please contact our office to request a financial scholarship. You may submit the application and registration fee in person, by mail, email or fax. Click here to download the camp application. Click here to pay the registration fee online. The application and registration fee are both due by March 6!
For additional information, please contact Kim Alman, Lead Social Worker, at email@example.com or by phone at 336-672-9300.
Hospice of Randolph Co. Reaches We Honor Veterans Partner Level One Status!Posted on Jan 16th, 2019 | Perma Link
Hospice of Randolph County is pleased to announce that it has reached Partner Level One status with the We Honor Veterans program. This program is a collaboration between the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The goal of this program is to care for and honor those who have served when they reach the end of life. The Level One status reflects Hospice of Randolph County’s ongoing commitment to veteran-specific care through incorporating best practices that contribute to Veterans receiving quality end-of-life care.
Beautiful Lenton Slack Prints Now Available for Valentine's DayPosted on Jan 9th, 2019 | Perma Link
For those of you that plan ahead, we have a very limited quantity of this beautiful Lenton Slack print currently available for $50 each. Call us today to learn more or visit one of the locations listed to make your purchase! All proceeds benefit our organization.
Winter Refresher & Volunteer Training on Feb. 9Posted on Dec 31st, 2018 | Perma Link
On Saturday, February 9, we will host a Winter Refresher for Current Volunteers and a Volunteer Training for New Adult Volunteers!
- For all current Hospice of Randolph County volunteers: You are invited to the Winter Refresher, a 3-hour training, where you can complete your required annual education and paperwork. Join us on Saturday, February 9, from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. at our office located at 416 Vision Drive in Asheboro. Registration is required by Friday, February 1. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Lisa Huffman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dawn Stone (email@example.com) at 336-672-9300.
- For those interested in becoming a Hospice of Randolph County volunteer: We currently have a need for both clerical and patient volunteers! If you are looking for a way to make a difference in someone's life and give back to our community, we have the perfect opportunity! Clerical volunteers assist our office with administrative tasks such as filing documents, preparing bereavement mailings and making admission notebooks. Patient volunteers provide visit with hospice patients at their home, in local skilled nursing and assisted living facilities and at the Randolph Hospice House. These volunteers spend time sitting with patients, reading to patients and providing a brief and valued respite to caregivers with their presence. Those interested in becoming a new hospice volunteer must attend a special one-day training event on Saturday, February 9, in order to learn more about the organization and valuable role of volunteers. The training session will be from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at our Administrative Office located at 416 Vision Drive in Asheboro. Lunch, as well as materials, will be provided free of charge. Pre-registration is required by Friday, February 1. To pre-register and schedule an initial interview, please call 336-672-9300 and ask for Dawn Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Huffman (email@example.com).
Sunset Support Group Begins on Jan. 22Posted on Dec 17th, 2018 | Perma Link
Substance Loss & Overdose Support Group on Jan. 17Posted on Dec 12th, 2018 | Perma Link
We will host a special evening of support for those who have lost a loved one due to substance abuse or addiction. This event is open to surviving family and friends, as well as those who want to help individuals impacted by the loss of a loved one due to an overdose or long-term substance abuse, including guidance counselors, clergy, therapists and healthcare professionals. This event is free of charge and open to the public. Pre-registration is requested. For more information or to register, please call 336-672-9300.
*EVENT CANCELED* Holiday Tour of Homes on Dec. 9Posted on Nov 9th, 2018 | Perma Link
***EVENT CANCELED - Due to the winter weather conditions, the 2018 Randolph County Holiday Tour of Homes has been canceled. Anyone who purchased a ticket in advance and does not wish for the ticket to remain a holiday donation to Hospice of Randolph County may present their ticket to the Administration Office located at 416 Vision Drive in Asheboro over the next 2 weeks for a refund to be processed. The office is open 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.***
Tickets are $12 in advance and are currently available at Hospice of Randolph County, Brightside Gallery and Burge Flower Shop in Asheboro as well as at Freeman's Florist and the Petty Museum in Randleman. Tickets are $15 at the door of each home on the tour on Dec. 9.
The 2018 Holiday Tour of Homes will feature:
- The Historic Toomes/Petty Homeplace: Home to Lee & Elizabeth Petty (Birthplace to Richard & Maurice Petty) located at 307 Branson Mill Road, Randleman, NC
- The Home of Flora Memory located at 134 N. Main Street, Randleman, NC
- The Home of Heath & Jennifer Breedlove located at 2467 Northmont Drive, Asheboro, NC
- The Home of Robert & Jennifer Boutwell (The Evelyn Story Homeplace) located at 204 E. Naomi Street, Randleman, NC
One ticket allows access to all homes on the tour during the 4-hour event. For more information about the Holiday Tour of Homes, please call 336-672-9300.
In addition to the tour, Lenton Slack's limited edition print of Reverie Place are available for $50 each at Hospice of Randolph County, Brightside Gallery and the Petty Museum.